One of the “big four” bands, Anthrax has been leading the genre of thrash metal for a long time as its first example. So, let’s see more about the leader band Anthrax’s net worth, along with its achievements.
Formed in 1981 by rhythm guitarist Scott Ian and bassist Dan Lilker, Anthrax was one of the first thrash metal bands emerging from the East Coast. Also considered as one of the leaders of thrash metal, the band has consisted of rhythm guitarist Scott Ian, drummer Charlie Benante, bassist Frank Bello, vocalist Joey Belladonna and lead guitarist Jonathan Donais since 2013, after several lineup changes had happened.
Let’s learn more about the regarded band’s journey and where this journey led to Anthrax members net worth.
How much are the members of Anthrax band net worth?
Debuting with Fistful of Metal in 1984, Anthrax’s third studio album, Among the Living, had become the band’s actual commercial breakthrough in 1987, peaking at number 62 on the Billboard 200. And following efforts of the leader band also continued to gain success, peaking on charts around the world with its dark songs, except for the ninth studio album titled We’ve Come for You All, as the song entered the Billboard 200 at number 122 but failed to chart on most other international markets.
Anthrax released 11 studio albums, 6 live albums, 7 compilation albums, 10 video albums, 6 extended plays, 26 singles, and music videos, selling over 10 million records worldwide throughout its career.
Let’s have a closer look at those studio albums and where they got on the charts in the past.
- Fistful of Metal, released on January 28, 1984
- Spreading the Disease, released on October 30, 1985, 113th place on Billboard US
- Among the Living, released on March 22, 1987, 62nd place on Billboard US and 18th on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- State of Euphoria, released on September 18, 1988, 30th place on Billboard US and 12th on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- Persistence of Time, released on August 21, 1990, 24th place on Billboard US and 13th on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- Sound of White Noise, released on May 25, 1993, 7th place on Billboard US and 14th on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- Stomp 442, released on October 24, 1995, 47th place on Billboard US and 77th on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- Volume 8: The Threat Is Real, released on July 21, 1998, 118th place on Billboard US and 73th on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- We’ve Come for You All, released on May 6, 2003, 122nd place on Billboard US and 102th on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- The Greater of Two Evils, released on November 23, 2004
- Worship Music, released on September 13, 2011, 12th place on Billboard US and 49th on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- For All Kings, released on February 26, 2016, 9th place on Billboard US and 21th on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
And today in 2021, one of the leaders of thrash metal band Anthrax’s net worth seems to be $39 million.
Let’s continue and also see Anthrax members‘ net worth in 2021, as well.
Scott Ian Net Worth: $6 Million
Besides his tenure with thrash metal band Anthrax, Ian is also the guitarist and a founding member of the crossover thrash band Stormtroopers of Death, along with contributing to writing songs’ lyrics.
And today in 2021, Anthrax co-founder Scott Ian’s net worth seems to be $6 million.
Charlie Benante Net Worth: $4 Million
Charles Lee Benante is the drummer of the regarded band, as he also contributes to Scott Ian writing the band’s songs, as well. So, Benante has composed the majority of the music throughout Anthrax’s discography, whose songs are mostly described as dark lyrics.
Outside of his career with Anthrax, also Charlie Benante is a member of crossover thrash band Stormtroopers of Death, as well. And ultimately, Benante also released a solo album titled Silver Linings, this year in 2021.
And today in 2021, Anthrax drummer Charlie Benante’s net worth seems to be $4 million.
Frank Bello Net Worth: $6 Million
Before he joined the band, Frank Bello was actually a roadie and guitar technician of Anthrax until he got to replace Dan Lilker after the band’s debut album in 1984. Ever since Bello was the bassist of Anthrax until he had a short departure from the band in 2004. But after a year, Bello has rejoined the band to never leave this time.
And today in 2021, Anthrax bassist Frank Bello’s net worth seems to be $6 million.
Joey Belladonna Net Worth: $85 Million
Best known for his wild, energetic stage behavior, and tenor vocal range, Joey Belladonna was the lead singer of the regarded thrash metal band from 1984 to 1992. Gladly for the band and its fans, Belladonna has rejoined among Anthrax after a long break, in 2010. So, Joey Belladonna appeared in 6 studio albums and several EPs of Anthrax during his career.
Outside of his career with the regarded band, Joey Belladonna formed his own solo metal band and released 4 albums. Belladonna is also a member of a cover band named Chief Big Way, as the drummer and lead vocal, as well.
And today, Anthrax lead vocal Joey Belladonna’s net worth seems to be $85 million.