Creating and making the progressive metal genre popular, Dream Theater has been one of the leading music bands in the industry for a long time. So, let’s see the journey of Dream Theater and find out its talented members’ net worth.
Formed in 1985, the regarded progressive metal band comprised John Petrucci, John Myung, and Mike Portnoy as they were together at Berklee College of Music. After their journey had begun with the band, the three friends remained together until 2010, when Portnoy left. So, after some lineup changes, the regarded band’s current lineup comprises John Myung, John Petrucci, James LaBrie, Jordan Rudess, and Mike Mangini.
Dream Theater is known to be one of the progressive metal bands, as the regarded band is also among the “big three” of the genre, along with Queensrÿche and Fates Warning.
So let’s take a deeper look at Dream Theater band’s journey and how they have earned their net worth.
Dream Theater Net Worth
Before releasing its debut album When Dream and Day Unite in 1989, Dream Theater had released a demo titled Majesty Demos, while they also haven’t changed the band’s name yet as of today. And as the regarded metal band has started its journey, the successes also followed its music and enormous fan base.
Becoming the vanguard of the progressive metal scene, Dream Theater could get into the mainstream, starting with their top 10 hits Pull Me Under, back in 1992. And is still growing its fan base along with gaining regard for its successes.
Debuting with When Dream and Day Unite, Dream Theater has released 15 studio albums, 1 extended play, 9 live albums, 1 compilation album, 8 video albums, 9 singles, and 21 music videos, so far.
Let’s look at their albums along with their places on charts.
- When Dream and Day Unite, released on March 6, 1989, sold 37,092 in the US
- Images and Words, released on July 7, 1992, sold 604,000 in the US, reached 61st place on the Billboard US
- Awake, released on October 4, 1994, sold 271,570 in the US, reached 32nd place on the Billboard US
- Falling into Infinity, released on September 23, 1997, sold 141,946 in the US, reached 52nd place on the Billboard US
- Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory, released on October 26, 1999, sold 123,275 in the US, reached 73rd place on the Billboard US
- Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, released on January 29, 2002, sold 132,773 in the US, reached 46th place on the Billboard US
- Train of Thought, released on November 11, 2003, sold 125,000 in the US, reached 53rd place on the Billboard US
- Octavarium, released on June 7, 2005, sold 56,000 in the US, reached 36th place on the Billboard US
- Systematic Chaos, released on June 4, 2007, reached high places in all charts worldwide, 19th place on the Billboard US and 25th on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- Black Clouds & Silver Linings, released on June 23, 2009, reached top places in all charts worldwide, 6th place on the Billboard US, and 23th on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- A Dramatic Turn of Events, released on September 13, 2011, reached top places in all charts worldwide, 8th place on the Billboard US, and 17th on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- Dream Theater, released on September 24, 2013, reached top places in all charts worldwide, 7th place on the Billboard US, and 15th on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- The Astonishing, released on January 29, 2016, reached top places in all charts worldwide, and 11th place on both the Billboard US and the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- Distance over Time, released on February 22, 2019, reached 24th place on the Billboard US and 12th on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- A View from the Top of the World, released on October 22, 2021, reached 52nd place on the Billboard US and 21th on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
Let’s continue and also find out about the famous metal band Dream Theater members’ net worth in 2022.
John Petrucci Net Worth: $35 Million
The founding member John Petrucci is also the guitarist, composer, and producer of the regarded metal band, as he contributed to all of Dream Theater’s albums production during their career.
Outside of his tenure with Dream Theater, John Petrucci also has a huge solo career, releasing 2 solo albums already, named Suspended Animation (2005) and Terminal Velocity (2020). Besides those, the talented musician Petrucci has also appeared in many other works of other famous artists, as well.
And today in 2022, Dream Theater John Petrucci’s net worth seems to be $35 million.
John Myung Net Worth: $25 Million
The other founding member John Myung is the bassist of the regarded band. Although Myung is best known mostly for his tenure with Dream Theater, he also worked with some other famous names, throughout his career, as well.
And today in 2022, Dream Theater bassist John Myung’s net worth seems to be $25 million.
James LaBrie Net Worth: $20 Million
Best known as the lead singer of a famous progressive metal band, James LaBrie has been performing with Dream Theater since 1991 as he joined among them.
Outside of his tenure with Dream Theater, James LaBrie has also his own successful solo career, as he has already released 5 solo albums under various names with Matt Guillory.
And today in 2022, Dream Theater frontman James LaBrie’s net worth seems to be $20 million.
Jordan Rudess Net Worth: $25 Million
Jordan Rudess is the keyboardist of the band since the recording of Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory, from 1999. So, Rudess performed in 10 other albums of the band, during their tenure.
Besides Dream Theater, Rudess is also known for being a member of the Liquid Tension Experiment. On the other side, the talented musician has a huge solo career, appearing with many famous names, and releasing 19 solo albums, throughout his career.
And today in 2022, Dream Theater keyboardist Jordan Rudess’s net worth seems to be $25 million.
Mike Mangini Net Worth: $10 Million
The talented musician Mike Mangini joined Dream Theater back in 2010 as its drummer, replacing the founding drummer Mike Portnoy.
Outside of his career with Dream Theater, Mangini also performed with other bands and artists, such as Annihilator, Extreme, James LaBrie, and Steve Vai, throughout his career. In addition, the talented musician also set five World’s Fastest Drummer records between 2002 and 2005, as well.
And today in 2022, Dream Theater drummer Mike Mangini’s net worth seems to be $10 million.