Pioneering the genres known as Swedish death metal and melodic death metal, In Flames has gained enormous regard all around the world since the very first day it was formed. So, let’s see where In Flames has come so far and how, along with its members’ net worth in 2022, throughout its successful career.
Formed in 1990, Jesper Strömblad aimed to write songs with a more melodic musical direction while founding In Flames as a side project from his then-current death metal band, Ceremonial Oath, because they didn’t allow him to write songs like that. And after a year, Jesper Strömblad decided to leave his current band back then to focus more on In Flames and recruited Glenn Ljungström and Johan Larsson, forming the first official In Flames line-up.
And today, In Flames current lineup consists of Björn Gelotte, Anders Fridén, Niclas Engelin, Bryce Paul, and Tanner Wayne, after going through several changes as well. So, In Flames also worked with a varying group of musicians recording with them, including many session musicians, until the release of Colony in 1999 as the group had established a stable lineup, finally.
So, let’s see more about where and how In Flames and its members’ net worth has come so far, as they also influenced and pioneered many people while moving further away from melodic death metal with a newer style of music that is closer to alternative metal.
In Flames Members Net Worth
Debuting in 1994, In Flames released its first full-length album Lunar Strain, which was followed by the EP titled Subterranean right after in 1995. And ever since, the pioneer metal band has sold over 2.5 million albums worldwide along with peaking at tops in many charts, throughout its successful career.
The pioneer Swedish metal band has also been nominated for three Grammis Awards throughout its career, as it won two of these nominations; one for Soundtrack to Your Escape (2004) in the “Hard Rock/Metal of the Year” category and the other for their following album Come Clarity (2006) in the same category.
Throughout its career, In Flames has released thirteen studio albums, one live album, three extended plays, nine singles, two video albums, and twenty-eight music videos, so far.
Let’s take a closer look at their albums along with their places on charts.
- Lunar Strain, released on 1 April 1994
- The Jester Race, released on 20 February 1996, sold over 11,317 in the US
- Whoracle, released on 27 October 1997
- Colony, released on 31 May 1999, reached high places in many charts worldwide except for the US and UK, selling over 22,810 in the US
- Clayman, released on 3 July 2000, reached high places in many charts worldwide except for the US and UK, selling over 21,773 in the US
- Reroute to Remain, released on 2 September 2002, reached high places in many charts worldwide except for the US and UK, selling over 59,010 in the US
- Soundtrack to Your Escape, released on 29 March 2004, reached high places in many charts worldwide, 145th place on Billboard US, 132nd place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK, selling over 100,000 in the US
- Come Clarity, released on 3 February 2006, reached high places in many charts worldwide, 58th place on Billboard US, 67th place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK, selling over 150,000 in the US and 450,000 worldwide
- A Sense of Purpose, released on 4 April 2008, reached top places in many charts worldwide, 28th place on Billboard US, 54th place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK, selling over 20,000 in the US in its first week, 275,000 worldwide, and 20,000 in Sweden
- Sounds of a Playground Fading, released on 21 June 2011, reached top places in many charts worldwide, 27th place on Billboard US, 74th place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK, selling over 14,000 in the US in its first week, and 20,000 in Sweden
- Siren Charms, released on 9 September 2014, reached top places in many charts worldwide, 26th place on Billboard US, 52nd place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK, selling over 9,000 in the US in its first week
- Battles, released on 11 November 2016, reached top places in many charts worldwide, 60th place on Billboard US, 75th place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- I, the Mask, released on 1 March 2019, reached top places in many charts worldwide, 121st place on Billboard US, 66th place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
Let’s continue and also find out about the famous metal band In Flames members’ net worth in 2022.
Björn Gelotte Net Worth: $1.5 Million
Best known as the lead guitarist of the metal band In Flame, Björn Gelotte originally joined the band as its drummer back in 1995, until switching to his current position on lead guitar after Glenn Ljungström left the band afterward.
Outside of his tenure with In Flames, Björn Gelotte also appeared with other regarded names, contributing a guitar solo for the band Avatar’s track “Letters From Neverend,” along with performing lead guitar for Dark Tranquillity’s track “Force of Hand.” He also contributed guitar on the track “Self Versus Self” of Pendulum, along with his bandmates Anders Fridén and Peter Iwers. Among all, Björn Gelotte also has a side project called All Ends, where he works with his former In Flames bandmate Jesper Strömblad, writing songs as well.
And today in 2022, In Flames lead guitarist Björn Gelotte’s net worth seems to be $1.5 million.
Anders Fridén Net Worth: $49 Million
The lead singer of In Flames, Anders Fridén was originally the vocalist of Dark Tranquillity before he joined In Flames in 1996 trading places with Mikael Stanne across the two bands. Alongside Dark Tranquillity, he was also the vocalist of another side project Passenger, as well.
Outside of his tenure with In Flames, Anders Fridén also appeared on the album The Phantom Novels of metal band Grievance as a guest vocal, along with also the Japanese bonus track “See the Falling Sky” on Caliban‘s 2007 album “The Awakening.” He also contributed vocals for the track “Dysfunctional Hours” for the 20th anniversary Nuclear Blast Allstars compilation album, Out of the Dark.
And today in 2022, In Flames lead singer Anders Fridén’s net worth seems to be $49 million.
Niclas Engelin Net Worth: $1.5 Million
Best known as the guitarist of In Flames, Niclas Engelin joined the band back in 1997 to replace Glenn Ljungström after his departure. But later, also Niclas Engelin had left the band for a while, leaving his position to the band’s drummer Bjorn Gelotte, until his return to fill in for Jesper Strömblad. Eventually, he rejoined In Flames back in 2009, after coming and going during the years for five times, and stuck with the band ever since.
But after all, Niclas Engelin could become a full-time guitarist of the band after two years in 2011 when the band gave up finding a suitable replacement for the position and want him to stay instead. In the meantime, he also toured with In Flames in North and South America, Australia, Europe, South Africa (RAMfest 2012), and portions of Japan in their Taste of Chaos tour.
Outside of his tenure with In Flames, Niclas Engelin is also the guitarist for other bands, Drömriket, Passenger, Engel, and The Halo Effect, as he also worked with Gardenian as their lead guitarists in the past. He and guitarist Marcus Sunesson formed Engel back in 2002 together. On the other side, Niclas Engelin also founded the side project Drömriket with drummer Magnus “ADDE” Andreasson, releasing their self-titled debut album “Drömriket” in May 2014 in Sweden. And ultimately in 2021, Niclas Engelin‘s ruining with former In Flames bandmates Jesper Strömblad, Peter Iwers, and Daniel Svensson, along with Dark Tranquility vocalist Mikael Stanne was announced as a new project named The Halo Effect, as well.
And today in 2022, In Flames guitarist Niclas Engelin’s net worth seems to be $1.5 million.
Bryce Paul Net Worth: Unknown
Joining In Flames in 2017, Bryce Paul is the bassist of the metal band appearing in only one album of the band, 2019’s I, the Mask.
Outside of his tenure with In Flames, Bryce Paul also worked with Ives in the past. Also, he has also worked in other music genres of punk rock before he started playing heavy metal later. But still, not much of him is known. So, we will keep checking out and updating here as we find more about him, of course.
Tanner Wayne Net Worth: $1.5 Million
Tanner Wayne is actually best known for being the former drummer of Underminded, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, and Chiodos, before In Flames recruited him to replace Joe Rickard as their new drummer back in 2018.
Outside of his tenure with In Flames, and the other bands we have mentioned up below, Tanner Wayne also worked with the band Suicide Silence from 2014 to 2016, as he also has also filled in on drums for Underoath, as well.
And today in 2022, In Flames drummer Tanner Wayne’s net worth seems to be approximately $1.5 million.