Metallica released their self-titled legendary album in 1991. After this album, the band was also known around the world. That’s why this album has a special place in the Metallica band member’s hearts. Metallica wanted to make a special celebration for its self-titled debut.
For the Black album (Metallica) 30th anniversary, Metallica released two new albums. Those albums are fully remastered versions of their self-titled debut album and the Metallica Blacklist.
The Metallica Blacklist
Metallica released the Metallica Blacklist on September 10, 2021. After the album was released, the album reached the Top 10 on Billboard’s album sales chart. When we thought about the importance of the album, this success was not a surprise. The Metallica Blacklist is important for the Metallica band. Because they vividly see their impact on the music world. The album includes 53 song covers from 53 different artists for 12 songs. Every artist reflected their style in covers. That’s why this album is impressive. When I first heard the concept, I freaked out. Because I can listen to my favorite Metallica song from different artists like Miley Cyrus, Tobias Forge, Corey Taylor, and tons more.
“The Metallica Blacklist offers up new dimensions of the record whose gravitational pull first drew the mainstream to Metallica. And provides new insights into the universal and timeless appeal that kept it there: the boundary-smashing influence these 12 songs have had on fans and musicians of all stripes.
The Black Album 53 tracks find singer-songwriters, country artists, electronic and hip hop artists sharing their love of these songs alongside punk rockers, indie darlings, icons of rock, metal, world music and many, many more…
Metallica Blacklist is a fitting and limitless homage, one that features bands who’ve shared stages with Metallica alongside artists who are younger than the original album.
It’s a truly staggering, at times mystifying assemblage of musicians, dozens of whom have little to nothing in common other than the shared passion for the music that’s united them for this album: 1 Album. 12 Songs. 53 Artists. Unlimited Possibilities.”
They are also runs a charity campaign with the Metallica Blacklist album. Profits came from the Metallica Blacklist album sales will distribute to 50 charity foundations via Metallica’s All Within My Hands foundation. Metallica was praised for their behavior.
If you are wondering about covers in the album, you can check out them below.
- The Neptunes – Wherever I May Roam
- My Morning Jacket – Nothing Else Matters
- Flatbush Zombies feat. DJ Scratch – The Unforgiven
- Dermot Kennedy – Nothing Else Matters
- José Madero – The Unforgiven
- Imelda May – The God That Failed
- White Reaper – Sad But True
- Cage The Elephant – The Unforgiven
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – The Struggle Within
- Sebastian – Don’t Tread On Else Matters
- Royal Blood – Sad But True
- PUP – Holier Than Thou
- Izïa – My Friend Of Misery
- Portugal. The Man – Don’t Tread on Me
- Juanes – Enter Sandman
- Cherry Glazerr – My Friend Of Misery
- Corey Taylor – Holier Than Thou
- Ha*Ash – The Unforgiven
- Mexican Institute of Sound feat. La Perla & Gera MX – Sad But True
- PG Roxette – Nothing Else Matters
- Mac DeMarco – Enter Sandman
- J Balvin – Wherever I May Roam
- Chris Stapleton – Nothing Else Matters
- The Chats – Holier Than Thou
- Jason Isbell And The 400 Unit – Sad But True
- Sam Fender – Sad But True (Live)
- Jon Pardi – Wherever I May Roam
- Goodnight, Texas – Of Wolf And Man
- Darius Rucker – Nothing Else Matter
- Moses Sumney – The Unforgiven
- Igor Levit – Nothing Else Matter
- Kamasi Washington – My Friend Of Misery
- Ghost – Enter Sandman
- Volbeat – Don’t Tread On Me
- St. Vincent – Sad But True
- Phoebe Bridgers – Nothing Else Matters
- IDLES – The God That Failed
- Rina Sawayama – Enter Sandman
- OFF! – Holier Than Thou
- Tomi Owó – Through the Never
- TRESOR – Nothing Else Matters
- YB – Sad But True
- Biffy Clyro – Holier Than Thou
- Mickey Guyton – Nothing Else Matters
- The HU – Through the Never
- Chase & Status feat. BackRoad Gee – Wherever I May Roam
- Mon Laferte – Nothing Else Matters
- Weezer – Enter Sandman
- Dave Gahan – Nothing Else Matters
- Alessia Cara & The Warning – Enter Sandman
- Vishal Dadlani, Divine, Shor Police – The Unforgiven
- Diet Cig – The Unforgiven
- Miley Cyrus feat. WATT, Elton John, Yo-Yo Ma, Robert Trujillo, Chad Smith – Nothing Else Matters
With their Black Album, Metallica became a metal legend. Their self-titled album has sold 28.3 million copies all around the world. This sales record makes the Black album the best-selling album of Metallica. Despite commercial success, the album brought Metallica popularity beyond their expectations. They became the most famous thrash band in history. The Metallica(A.K.A Black Album) album is special for the Metallica band. It is not surprising to make a special celebration for the album. To celebrate the album’s anniversary, they released the Metallica Black List. The Black List includes 53 covers from 53 different artists.
What do you think about the Metallica blacklist album? Do you consider buying it? You can share your thoughts below.