Obituary band will kick off on a North American tour in 2023. This upcoming tour, which will include Immolation, Blood Incantation, and Ingrown as support, will begin on April 28 and conclude in late May.
Obituary‘s latest album, “Dying of Everything,” was released on January 26th, 2023 via Relapse Records. This album also honors the death metal pioneers’ first full-length in six years. For this album and tour, Obituary‘s frontman John Tardy was joined by guitars Ken Andrews and Trevor Peres. With bassist Terry Butler, and drummer Donald Tardy. They just tour with death metal bands like Immolation, Blood Incantation, and Ingrown.
For buying concert tickets go on sale on Friday, January 27 at 10:00 a.m. local time.
Obituary 2023 North American Tour Dates:
You can check Obituary 2023 tour dates with Immolation, Blood Incantation, Ingrown and more.
- Apr 28 – Charlotte, NC @ The Underground
- Apr 29 – Virginia Beach, VA @ Elevation 27
- May 01 – Baltimore, MD @ Baltimore Soundstage
- May 02 – Philadelphia, PA @ Brooklyn Bowl
- May 04 – New York, NY @ Irving Plaza
- May 05 – Boston, MA @ The Middle East
- May 06 – Montreal, QC @ Theatre Fairmount
- May 07 – Toronto, ON @ The Phoenix Concert Theatre
- May 09 – Chicago, IL @ Metro
- May 10 – Minneapolis, MN @ Fine Line
- May 11 – Omaha, NE @ The Waiting Room *
- May 12 – Englewood, CO @ Gothic Theatre *
- May 13 – Salt Lake City, UT @ The Complex
- May 15 – Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
- May 16 – Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theatre
- May 18 – Berkley, CA @ UC Theatre
- May 19 – Los Angeles, CA @ Fonda Theatre
- May 20 – Mesa, AZ @ Nile Theater
- May 22 – Austin, TX @ Mohawk
- May 23 – Dallas, TX @ Granada Theatre
- May 24 – Houston, TX @ White Oak Music Hall
- May 26 – St. Louis, MO @ Red Flag
- May 28 – Louisville, KY @ Headliner Music Hall
For Obituary’s latest album, drummer Donald Tardy talked:
“Somehow magically all the stars lined up for us. We took a long time writing this record. We don’t ever force ourselves into songs; we let the songs find us. But once we really got down to it and started writing and putting the songs together, we were excited right from the beginning.
We were, like, ‘Holy shit, man. We’ve got something going on here.’ And then, of course, when we were done with the recording, the actual tracking of the songs, we sent it to our boy Joe Cincotta, and he’s been our live engineer for 15 years. But he’s also done the last three albums with Obituary at his studio up there in New York City, Full Force Studios. So, just perfect chemistry we’ve got going on right now.
The band’s on fire. I think we played our instruments well. We played clean on this record, which makes engineers’ lives very easy. It was very easy, from what Joe said, to produce this album ’cause we handed him product that was heavy but clean and well performed. So super, super stoked on this album.”
However, Obituary is still active after more than three decades, and Blood Incantation are among the scene’s youngest death metal bands. The Denver band first gained attention with its sophomore album Hidden History of the Human Race in 2019, and it most recently released the ambient/progressive electronic EP Timewave Zero last year.
The participation of New York death metal veterans Immolation on the tour is amazing. After a five-year hiatus, the band will release its 11th studio album, Acts of God, in 2022.