Porcupine Tree is an English rock band formed by the multi-disciplinary musician Steven Wilson in 1987. In their first career, which lasted over twenty years they received applause from critics and fellow musicians. We will help you in finding tickets and check out any upcoming Porcupine Tree concerts and shows in 2022!
Porcupine Tree was initially a solo project by Steven Wilson, who initially composed all the music for the band by the band’s music by himself. However, by the end of 1993, Steven Wilson wanted to be in a band setting with frequent collaborators.
Steven Wilson also brings Richard Barbieri as keyboardist, Colin Edwin as bassist, and Chris Maitland as a drummer to create the initial permanent group. With Wilson as the lead guitarist and vocalist, The band also remained this way until February 2002 at which point Maitland quit the band, in the spring of 2002, and Gavin Harrison was recruited to take his place.
The first Porcupine Tree album evoked different styles of psychedelic, space rock, and experimental rock genres. After that, the band focused on progressive/space rock style similar to the style.
After signing to Kscope Records in the late 1990s, after signing with Kscope Record label in the late 1990s, the group began to develop an alternative, more mainstream style. In the early 2000s, the group was signed with an important record label and began to shift their sound once more but this time in the direction of progressive metal. They normally halted the project in 2010 but earlier in 2022, Porcupine Tree announced they are coming back with a new album and a new tour.
Porcupine Tree had 11 studio albums. Check our previous article for Steven Wilson’s interview here. You can check the upcoming Porcupine Tree 2022 tour dates below!
Porcupine Tree Concert and Festival Schedules
Their upcoming worldwide tour also starts on September 10th and runs until November 11th, 2022. Tickets for all the North American dates go on sale on March 11th at 10 a.m. time. Check the tour dates below!
Is Porcupine Tree back?
Yes, Porcupine Tree is reunited again for the new albums and more concert shows.
Porcupine Tree‘s frontman Steven Wilson shared his thoughts about the upcoming album and tour:
“It was the final song written for the album. When the rest of the songs were assembled we felt there was still musically a hole for something dramatic in the middle of the album, so it became the only song written as a three-way collaboration between all of us. Beginning with Gavin coming up with an unusual rhythm in 11, it was then a case of myself and Richard finding the music and both of us working with sequenced electronics and sound design, alongside the quiet/loud guitar dynamics. The full 7-minute version is musical storytelling that features several other sections.
But I think the edit works quite well as a more conventionally structured piece too – a smaller bite of music. Lyrically it’s about a very specific event in history, but it also deals with the broader theme of paranoia in the modern age. Someone or something is coming up your driveway or in your front garden, and their/motives are unclear. The title obviously takes on extra resonance in our pandemic times.”
Here are all the scheduled Porcupine Tree tour dates. If the schedule for the concert isn’t correct you can contact us and we’ll add concert dates by Porcupine Tree from 2022 to our database.
Porcupine Tree going on tour across 13 countries and has 24 upcoming concerts in 2022-2023. Check out all concert dates below!
Porcupine Tree 2022 World Tour Dates
- Sept. 10 – Toronto, Ontario @ Meridian Hall
- Sept. 12 – Laval, Quebec @ Place Bell
- Sept. 14 – Boston, Mass. @ MGM Music Hall at Fenway
- Sept. 16 – New York, N.Y. @ Radio City Music Hall
- Sept. 17 – Philadelphia, Pa. @ The Met Philadelphia
- Sept. 18 – Washington, D.C. @ The Anthem
- Sept. 20 – Chicago, Ill. @ Auditorium Theatre
- Sept. 23 – Irving, Texas @ The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory
- Sept. 25 – Denver, Colo. @ Bellco Theatre
- Sept. 28 – San Francisco, Calif. @ The Masonic
- Sept. 30 – Los Angeles, Calif. @ Greek Theatre
- Oct. 04 – Mexico City, Mexico @ Pepsi Center
- Oct. 07 – Santiago, Chile @ Movistar Arena
- Oct. 21 – Berlin, Germany @ Max Schmelinghalle
- Oct. 23 – Vienna, Austria @ Gasometer
- Oct. 24 – Milan, Italy @ Forum
- Oct. 27 – Stockholm, Sweden @ Globe
- Oct. 28 – Copenhagen, Denmark @ Falkoner Theatre
- Oct. 30 – Katowice, Poland @ Spodek Hall
- Nov. 02 – Paris, France @ Le Zenith
- Nov. 04 – Stuttgart, Germany Porsche Arena
- Nov. 06 – Oberhausen, Germany @ KP Arena
- Nov. 07 – Amsterdam, Netherlands @ Ziggodome
- Nov. 09 – Zurich, Switzerland @ Halle 622
- Nov. 11 – London, United Kingdom @ SSE Arena, Wembley
You can listen to Porcupine Tree – ‘Herd Culling’ from their upcoming album ‘Closure/Continuation‘ which also will release on June 24th, 2022!