Rage Against the Machine just canceled their 2023 North American tour. So, you missed Rage Against the Machine’s first reunion shows in over a decade earlier this year. This is so rare in the band’s history.
Unfortunately, the last chance to take part in the Rage Against the Machine reunion tour has just disappeared. Rage Against the Machine’s reunion tour on July 9th in East Troy, WI, instead of their planned kickoff on March 31st in El Paso, TX. That’s only half of the 38-show tour was delayed indefinitely. However, Rage Against the Machine shared the dates that have been rescheduled for February, March, and April of 2023. But it seems they are also canceled now.
Why did Rage Against the Machine cancel their ongoing tour? Because during the second concert of the North American leg. In Chicago on July 11th, 2022. We saw Zack de la Rocha injure his leg onstage, leaving for a short time before continuing the performance seated.
Zack de la Rocha also talked about the injury night: “I don’t know what happened to my leg right now. We are gonna keep this fucking shit going. I can crawl across this stage. We are gonna play for you all tonight.”
Here is the explanation from Zack de la Rocha for cancel Rage Against the Machine 2023 tour:
“It’s been almost three months since Chicago, and I still look down at my leg in disbelief. Two years of waiting through the pandemic, hoping we would have an opening to be a band again and continue the work we started 30 some odd years ago. Rehearsing, training, reconciling, working our way back to form. Then one and a half shows into it and my tendon tears. Felt like a sick joke the universe played on me. As I write this I remind myself it’s just bad circumstance. Just a fucked up moment.
Unfortunately it is a moment that requires a lot of work and healing. I have a severe tear in my left Achilles tendon and only 8% of my tendon was left intact. And even that portion was severely compromised. It’s not simply a question of being able to perform again. But extends to basic functionality going forward. That’s why I’ve made the painful and difficult decision to cancel the remaining shows on our 2023 North American leg.
Also added: “I hate cancelling shows. I hate disappointing our fans. You have all waited so patiently to see us and that is never lost on me. I never take that for granted.
For you I Have the ultimate gratitude and respect. To my brothers Tim, Brad, and Tom; to El P, Killer Mike, Trackstar and the whole RTJ crew; to everyone on our production team: techs, cooks, drivers, assistants, security squad, to anyone and everyone who made the shows thus far possible, all my love and respect. I hope to see you very soon.”
How to refund Rage Against the Machine 2023 tour tickets?
“Tickets bought online through Ticketmaster or AXS will be automatically refunded to the original method of payment used at the time of purchase once funds are received from the venue (which is usually completed within 30 days). Anyone who paid cash should contact the box office directly.”
Here are the canceled days of Rage Against the Machine 2023 tour
- Feb 22 –Las Cruces, N.M. @ Pan American Center
- Feb 24 – El Paso, Texas @ Don Haskins Center
- Feb 26– Glendale, Ariz. @ Gila River Arena
- Feb 28 – Glendale, Ariz. @ Gila River Arena
- March 03 — Oakland, Calif. @ Oakland Arena
- March 04 – Oakland, Calif. @ Oakland Arena
- March 05 — Portland, Ore. @ Moda Center
- March 09 – Tacoma, Wash. @ Tacoma Dome
- March 11 — Vancouver, British Columbia @ Pacific Coliseum
- March 13 — Calgary, Alberta @ Scotiabank Saddledome
- March 15 — Edmonton, Alberta @ Rogers Place
- March 17 — Winnipeg, Manitoba @ Canada Life Centre
- March 19 — Minneapolis, Minn. @ Target Center
- March 20 – Minneapolis, Minn. @ Target Center
- March 22 — Sioux Falls, S.D. @ Denny Sanford Premier Center
- March 28 — Kansas City, Mo. @ T-Mobile Center
- March 30 — St. Louis, Mo. @ Enterprise Center
- April 01 – Detroit, Mich. @ Little Caesars Arena
- April 02 – Detroit, Mich. @ Little Caesars Arena
If you already bought your tickets for the Rage Against the Machine 2023 North American tour. You could get a refund for each ticket via your ticket dealer.