One of the greatest thrash metal bands of all time, Slayer influenced so many artists along with many people, touching their taste of music during their career. As the band got retired after such a journey, let’s see where Slayer and its members’ net worth had reached so far, in 2022.
Formed in 1981, Slayer is also among the “big four” bands of thrash metal, alongside Metallica, Megadeth, and Anthrax, for its fast and aggressive musical style. The band’s last lineup consisted of co-lead guitarist Kerry King, bassist Tom Araya, drummers Jon Dette and Paul Bostaph, and guitarist Gary Holt before it disbanded in 2019.
Sadly, Slayer had announced in 2018 that the band would retire after embarking on a farewell tour around the world, after more than three decades of recording and performing. The band disbanded in November 2019, after the tour had ended.
So let’s take a deeper look at the journey of Slayer and how they have earned their net worth, as well.
How much is the net worth of Slayer members?
Throughout its long-lasting journey, Slayer had achieved so many incredible things, becoming one of the greatest bands of all times as a thrash metal band. The band’s debut album Show No Mercy was taken its place on shelves in just three weeks, although there was actually no recording budget, at all.
After its release, the debut album had generated Slayer underground popularity. So, the regarded band started touring in California to promote their album. As Slayer gained more prominence during this touring journey, Show No Mercy reached more than 20,000 in the US and another 20,000 worldwide sales. Thus, their actual journey started.
Among many of their achievements, Slayer crowned its successes with receiving 5 Grammy Award nominations, whose two of them resulted in winning for Best Metal Performance. One of the awards was for the band’s song Eyes of the Insane, and the other was for Final Six.
Throughout its career, Slayer released 12 studio albums, 2 live albums, a box set, 6 music videos, 2 extended plays, and a cover album, selling over 20 million worldwide.
Let’s take a closer look at their albums along with their places on charts.
- Show No Mercy, released on December 3, 1983
- Hell Awaits, released on April 19, 1985,
- Reign in Blood, released on October 7, 1986, sold 766,000+ in the US, reached 94th place on the Billboard US, 47th place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- South of Heaven, released on July 5, 1988, sold 500,000+ in the US, reached 57th place on the Billboard US, 25th place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- Seasons in the Abyss, released on October 9, 1990, sold 813,000+ in the US, reached 40th place on the Billboard US, 18th place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- Divine Intervention, released on September 27, 1994, sold 500,000+ in the US, reached 8th place on the Billboard US, 15th place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- Undisputed Attitude, released on May 28, 1996, sold 500,000+ in the US, reached 8th place on the Billboard US, 15th place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- Diabolus in Musica, released on June 9, 1998, sold 306,000+ in the US, reached 31st place on the Billboard US, 27th place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- God Hates Us All, released on September 11, 2001, sold 319,000+ in the US, reached 28th place on the Billboard US, 31st place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- Christ Illusion, released on August 8, 2006, sold 175,000+ in the US, reached 5th place on the Billboard US, 23rd place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- World Painted Blood, released on November 3, 2009, sold 160,000+ in the US, reached 12th place on the Billboard US, 41st place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- Repentless, released on September 11, 2015, reached 4th place on the Billboard US, 11th place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
And today in 2021, the regarded thrash metal band Slayer’s net worth seems to be $45 million.
Let’s continue and also find out about the famous metal band Slayer members net worth in 2021.
Kerry King Net Worth: $8 Million
After founding the band, Kerry King remained his career with Slayer for almost 4-decades as the thrash metal band’s lead guitarist and songwriter. Although Dave Mustaine had invited him to join beside him in Megadeth, King refused his offer, agreeing to partake in gigs with them only.
On the other side, Kerry King also worked with other famous names such as Motörhead, Beastie Boys, Pantera, Marilyn Manson, and more, throughout his career.
And today in 2022, Slayer lead guitarist Kerry King’s net worth seems to be $8 million.
Tom Araya Net Worth: $35 Million
The vocalist and bassist of thrash metal band Slayer, Tom Araya was actually a respiratory therapist before he joined the band. Contributing to many song lyrics of the band, Araya mostly reflected his fascination with serial killers, such as Jeffrey Dahmer and Ed Gein, in the songs. In addition, one of the songs Araya has written, Eyes of the Insane, won a Grammy Award.
Outside of his tenure with Slayer, Tom Araya also appeared with other famous names, mostly in their projects, such as Alice in Chains, Soulfly, Rollins Band, and more.
And today in 2022, Slayer bassist Tom Araya’s net worth seems to be $35 million, as he lives on a ranch in Texas with his family during his retirement.
Paul Bostaph Net Worth: $2 Million
The drummer Paul Bostaph is best known for his tenure with Slayer among other works of his. As he started his musical career just 20-years old, Bostaph joined the regarded band after the departure of Slayer drummer Dave Lombardo in 1992. During his career with Slayer, Bostaph performed in 4 albums of the band, although he had a few breakups during the years.
Outside of his career with Slayer, Paul Bostaph had also worked with other bands that are Exodus, Systematic, Testament, BlackGates, and Forbidden.
And today in 2022, Slayer drummer Paul Bostaph’s net worth seems to be $2 million.
Gary Holt Net Worth: $8 Million
Gary Holt first joined Slayer to fill in for Jeff Hanneman, temporarily. During his tenure with the regarded band, Holt appeared on the Big 4 Concert in Indio and Fun Fun Fun Fest in Austin with Slayer. After all, Gary Holt eventually became the band’s permanent member, after Hanneman passed away on May 2, 2013. Holt stayed with the band until they got retired.
Outside of his tenure with Slayer, Gary Holt is still a member of one of the “big eight” of thrash metal bands, Exodus. Joining Exodus as its guitarist after Tim Agnello left in 1981, Holt also has been contributing to writing the band’s songs ever since.
And today in 2022, Slayer guitarist Gary Holt’s net worth seems to be $8 million.