Wacken Open Air 2023 Sold Out Record in Just 6 Hours, Fastest Tickets Sell in Festival History
Wacken Open Air 2023 tickets sold out a record in just 6 hours. The fastest festival tickets in music history. In just six hours, 80,000 tickets to the 2023 Wacken Open Air were sold. This is also a record for any festival sellout worldwide.
Wacken already announced the first lineup and headliner bands end of the festival. The festival will take place in the town of Wacken from August 4th through the 6th of August, 2022. Also, the Wacken Open Air team has reported that their 32nd Wacken Open Air has sold out. Next year the festival will happen from the 2nd of August 2023 until the 05th of August 2023, for the first time in four days.
What Wacken organization says about the Wacken 2023 sold-out record?
Thomas Jensen: “A sold-out festival in that amount of time – unbelievable. And especially in these times the backing of the community is enormously important. We are still knocking off the dust of this year’s Open Air and now, thanks to the trust of our fans, we can continue to fully concentrate on the program in 2023 under the motto “Vikings”, which will have one or two highlights in the bag in addition to the great Iron Maiden!”
Holger Hübner: “This is an enormous proof of confidence from our fans and we appreciate it very much. This allows us to push Wacken Open Air forward and develop various projects and themes alongside the billing, which we will announce during the year.”
Here are the first lineups of Wacken Open Air 2023:
- IRON MAIDEN
- THE DROPKICK MURPHYS
- TWO STEPS FROM HELL
- BURNING WITCHES
Key points for buying tickets:
- You will receive an email as soon as your tickets are in the ticket center. Please do not contact us proactively!
- As soon as you have the tickets in the ticket center, you can also start ordering the merchandising there.
- The shipping of the merchandising items is expected to start on September 1st, 2022.
- All orders have qualified for the raffle for the exclusive W:O:A Harley Davidson – the draw will take place at the end of August.
- We ask you not to buy tickets from third parties. The exception: As always, our official travel partners still have quotas available.
- Did you get a ticket? Our waiting list is already available. As always, we will raffle all tickets from canceled orders. You can find the waiting list here.
- Individual tickets may still be available on the ticket page.
- You could still visit this page anytime to get tickets if available.
Watch the Vikings vs. Zombies at Wacken Open Air video below!