After finally kicking off its 2022 US tour on January 8, Tool played the Fear Inoculum song “Culling Voices” live for the first time, during its recent show on January 15. You can watch their performance shortly after, down below.
Tool finally kicked off its 2022 tour in support of the “Fear Inoculum” album after almost two years of being away from stages, marking its first live performance after its trek was forced to be called off due to the pandemic in March 2020. And while all the fans have been waiting eagerly for their turn to see Tool live on stages, the regarded band surprised its audience during their show at the Golden 1 Center in Sacramento, California, which was the fourth show of Tool’s exhaustive U.S. tour, playing a song from “Fear Inoculum” that has never been played live ever before as drummer Danny Carey even played guitar at the beginning of the song.
In the meantime, Tool frontman Maynard James Keenan also sang “The Grudge” for the first time since 2002 before changing one of the lyrics of “Hooker With a Penis” to “White Claw,” the name of a popular hard seltzer brand. So, all the fans who attended Tool‘s show on January 15 have been welcomed by the band getting treated very well, considering Tool also breaking out the seventh track to be played off their most recent record along with Danny Carey joining the group in a tight half-circle at the front of the stage and playing guitar. And all those of course made everyone wait much more in eager to hope and see what is more to come from the band on their upcoming shows, as well.
So, Tool is on the road to show up its next U.S. tour’s performance with support from Blonde Redhead through February 10 and The Acid Helps afterward, along with also taking strict measures to secure their audience’s health in their shows, hiring specially trained dogs that sniff for traces of COVID-19 in members of their crew or anyone who also passes backstage.
While Tool also has already been highlighted by a performance of “Right in Two” for the first time since 2011, with both “Hooker With a Penis” and “Pushit” being dusted off for the first time since 2014, the band have now played each song from Fear Inoculum that consists of seven tracks after their last show at the Golden 1 Center in Sacramento, California. You can also see their first show videos that the band kicked off its 2022 US tour and more detail along with their setlist, here.
Here is also the setlist Tool performed in order during its performance on January 15, 2022, in Sacramento:
- Fear Inoculum
- Opiate (with Happy Birthday to Adam)
- The Pot
- The Grudge
- Right in Two
- Hooker With a Penis
- Chocolate Chip Trip
- Culling Voices (Live debut)
On the other side of their ongoing US tour along with the upcoming Europe tour of Tool, we also want to remind you the regarded metal band will also be headlining the 2022 Bonnaroo Festival alongside their ongoing tour, whose details are here you to find out more, as well.
Above all, there is also the remaining show lineup of Tool’s 2022 US tour down below, after their show that will take its place tonight at Viejas Arena in San Diego, California.
- January 21 – Phoenix, Ariz. @ Footprint Center
- January 22 – Las Vegas, Nev. @ T-Mobile Arena
- January 25 – Salt Lake City, Utah @ Maverik Center
- January 27 – Denver, Colo. @ Ball Arena
- January 30 – Tulsa, Okla. @ BOK Center
- January 31 – Dallas, Texas @ American Airlines Center
- February 2 – San Antonio, Texas @ AT&T Center
- February 4 – Houston, Texas @ Toyota Center
- February 5 – New Orleans, La. @ Smoothie King Center
- February 8 – Orlando, Fla. @ Amway Center
- February 9 – Tampa, Fla. @ Amalie Arena
- February 10 – Miami, Fla. @ FTX Arena
- February 19 – Boston, Mass. @ TD Garden
- February 20 – Philadelphia, Pa. @ Wells Fargo Center
- February 22 – Washington, D.C. @ Capital One Arena
- February 23 – Belmont Park, N.Y. @ UBS Arena
- February 26 – Newark, N.J. @ Prudential Center
- February 27 – Buffalo, N.Y. @ KeyBank Center
- March 1 – Pittsburgh, Pa. @ PPG Paints Arena
- March 3 – Detroit, Mich. @ Little Caesars Arena
- March 4 – Louisville, Ky. @ KFC Yum! Center
- March 6 – Columbus, Ohio @ Nationwide Arena
- March 8 – Grand Rapids, Mich. @ Van Andel Arena
- March 10 – Chicago, Ill. @ United Center
- March 12 – Omaha, Neb. @ CHI Health Center Arena
- March 13 – Minneapolis, Minn. @ Target Center
- March 15 – Kansas City, Mo. @ T-Mobile Center
- March 17 – Moline, Ill. @ TaxSlayer Center
- March 18 – St. Louis, Mo. @ Enterprise Center
- March 20 – Cleveland, Ohio @ Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse
And finally, here are the fan-shot footage of Tool performing “Culling Voices” below.