Adam Jones shares that Tool could add oldies songs to the tour setlist. Tool’s ongoing 2023 tour is already exciting, but Tool band is looking to do more for their fans.
Adam Jones Interview on Tool’s Upcoming Tour
Tool‘s career began in the early 1990s with the release of their debut album “Undertow.” The album’s raw energy and thought-provoking lyrics introduced listeners to a new progressive metal style. Tool’s growth was seen with each next release over the years. The albums “Ænima,” “Lateralus,” and “10,000 Days” showed the Tool’s commitment to musical experiments. Tool also returns with an upcoming tour that will kick off on a two-month North American tour beginning in September, including appearances at the major Power Trip, Aftershock, and Louder Than Life festivals.
Tool members’ unique sound, frequently characterized by complex guitar work, basslines, and Danny Carey’s excellent drumming, is at the heart of their appeal. The mix of Adam Jones’ beautiful guitar riffs and Maynard James Keenan’s mysterious vocals produce an exotic atmosphere that fascinates fans.
During a new interview with Pollstar, Tool’s guitarist Adam Jones talks about what’s going to happen on the upcoming tour:
“I’m just happy that we have loyal fans and people can come see what we do and appreciate it. We just want to put on a good show, the four of us, and want people to walk away and really feel like they got their money’s worth, and just let them forget about the wicked world for two hours and just have a good time.
This is what we do. I’m very fortunate that it’s this way, but the end of the line is just to do something that we’re very rewarded with, and then to share it. I’m just glad people are into it, you know? There’s many people who get what we do, and there’s many who don’t get what we do.
We’ve added to the show. We haven’t played all the markets and definitely want people to see what we’re doing. We might dig a couple oldies out and angle our set list a little bit, and the rhythm of it. And we got some new visuals, which are very cool.
I think with age you find ways to sing the thing where it’s not creating damage. You can actually recreate it without having to pick a scab, emotionally, and literally, like hurting yourself. I think my writing has changed over the years, and I can do some of those songs. I can’t do a whole set of those songs. I can pepper them in, so I can still do some of those things, but you can’t… If you’re actually sitting down and thinking about it, you can’t expect some of those dudes, [from] back in the day, to do the thing they did… 30 years ago, 40 years ago. You can’t expect that out of that body. Your body doesn’t do those things forever.”
You can check Tool’s upcoming 2023 North American tour dates below!
- September 22 – LOUDER THAN LIFE FESTIVAL
- October 3 – Loveland, CO Budweiser Event Center
- October 6 – Aftershock Festival 2023
- October 8 – PowerTrip Festival 2023
- Oct. 8 – Indio, CA Power Trip
- Oct. 10 – Salt Lake City, UT Delta Center
- Oct. 12 – Idaho Falls, ID Mountain America Center
- Oct. 14 – Nampa, ID Ford Idaho Center
- Oct. 15 – Spokane, WA Spokane Arena
- Oct. 17 – Eugene, OR Matthew Knight Center
- Oct. 19 – Portland, OR Moda Center
- Oct. 20 – Tacoma, WA Tacoma Dome
- Oct. 22 – Kelowna, BC Prospera Place Arena
- Oct. 23 – Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena
- Oct. 25 – Edmonton, AB Rogers Place
- Oct. 27 – Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome
- Oct. 29 – Winnipeg, MB Canada Life Center
- Oct. 31 – St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center
- November 1 – Milwaukee, WI Fiserv Forum
- Nov. 3 – Knoxville, TN Thompson-Boiling Arena
- Nov. 4 – Charleston, WV Charleston Coliseum
- Nov. 6 – Rochester, NY Blue Cross Arena
- Nov. 7 – Allentown, PA PPL Center
- Nov. 10 – Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun Arena
- Nov. 13 – Manchester, NH SNHU Arena
- Nov. 15 – Boston, MA TD Garden
- Nov. 16 – Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
- Nov. 19 – Montreal, QC Bell Center
- Nov. 20 – Toronto, ON Scotiabank Arena
- Nov. 21 – Toronto, ON Scotiabank Arena
You can also check concert tickets here. Watch the Tool‘s Adam Jones introduces his latest guitar below!