Metallica will share “The Amsterdam Sessions” on Wednesday, June 14th, 2023 means today on Amazon Music. Exploring the band’s creative process, the significance of the sessions, and the sheer genius that sets Metallica unique in the music industry with this exclusive release.
Metallica’s “The Amsterdam Sessions” Release on Amazon
With this release, we watch 4 special Metallica performances on Amazon Music. Furthermore, the band will just release live footage of all four songs – “If Darkness Had A Son,” “Master Of Puppets,” “Lux Æterna,” and “Nothing Else Matters” – on Amazon Music.
- Master Of Puppets
- Lux Æterna
- If Darkness Had A Son
- Nothing Else Matters
Metallica‘s ongoing 2023-2024 tour and records to pushing limits on the thrash metal genre and refining their artistic expression can be seen in the Amsterdam Sessions. The band went into unexplored territory, reimagining their music and moving away from traditional studio recording procedures. This daring approach resulted in a ground-breaking collection that exemplifies the band’s raw skill and unrivaled originality.
The dynamic atmosphere of Amsterdam, located in the center of Europe, offered the ideal background for Metallica’s artistic analysis. Their creative drive was inspired by the city’s rich cultural past, attractive canals, and innovative outlook. The band absorbed the soul of Amsterdam, pouring it into their music.
The Amsterdam Sessions cannot be described without mentioning the group of skills that evolved all over this transforming event. Metallica‘s decision to work with local musicians and artists gave their sound a new dimension, resulting in a confluence of numerous musical influences. Metallica and the bustling Amsterdam music scene formed a symbiotic connection as a result of the sessions, which became a melting pot of talent.
“If Darkness Had A Son” and “Lux Æterna” are off Metallica‘s latest album, “72 Seasons,” which debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 list with 150,000 album units sold in its first week of release.
In addition to that, with 270,000 album units, “72 Seasons” has the greatest week for any rock or hard rock album since Tool’s “Fear Inoculum” in September 2019.
The Amsterdam Sessions have established a new standard in the music industry for aesthetic creativity. Metallica’s desire to experiment with their sound has not only reenergized their fan base, but also inspired a new generation of musicians to embrace creative experimentation.
Metallica’s record success shows the lasting power of artistic growth and the constant pursuit of musical perfection.
What do we know about Metallica’s 2023 and 2024 tour dates?
Metallica’s M72 global tour will take place in 2023 and 2024. They will see the band perform two nights in each city, with two completely distinct setlists and support lineups for each No Repeat Weekend. Metallica’s iconic Snake Pit will take center stage on the M72 tour, thanks to a spectacular new in-the-round stage design. You can purchase single-day and two-day tickets for this tour.
Metallica will be supported on these tours by various bands such as Volbeat, Five Finger Death Punch, Architects, Greta van Fleet, Mammoth WVH, Pantera, and others. It is clear that some of them support Europe while others prefer North America.
You can also watch Metallica‘s “The Amsterdam Sessions” premiere below!
Here is the rest of Metallica’s tour dates for 2023:
- Friday, June 16, 2023 – Gothenburg SE – Ullevi Stadium
- Sunday, June 18, 2023 – Gothenburg SE – Ullevi Stadium
- Friday, August 4, 2023 – East Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium
- Sunday, August 6, 2023 – East Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium
- Friday, August 11, 2023 – Montreal, QC – Stade Olympique
- Sunday, August 13, 2023 – Montreal, QC – Stade Olympique
- Friday, August 18, 2023 – Arlington, TX – AT&T Stadium
- Sunday, August 20, 2023 – Arlington, TX – AT&T Stadium
- Friday, August 25, 2023 – Inglewood, CA – SoFi Stadium
- Sunday, August 27, 2023 – Inglewood, CA – SoFi Stadium
- Friday, September 1, 2023 – Glendale, AZ – State Farm Stadium
- Sunday, September 3, 2023 – Glendale, AZ – State Farm Stadium
- Friday, November 3, 2023 – St. Louis, MO – The Dome at America’s Center
- Sunday, November 5, 2023 – St. Louis, MO – The Dome at America’s Center
- Friday, November 10, 2023 – Detroit, MI – Ford Field
- Sunday, November 12, 2023 – Detroit, MI – Ford Field