Arctic Monkeys frontman Alex Turner‘s first interview a few years later. Alex Turner opens up about their upcoming album, ongoing tour, and the relationship between the band and his childhood.
This year, Arctic Monkeys going on a worldwide tour. And they will perform at Summer Well Festival in Buftea, Romania before playing Sziget Festival in Budapest, Hungary on August 15th, 2022. They also follow at Zürich Open Air in Switzerland (August 23), Paris’ Rock En Seine (25), Cala Mijas Festival in Malaga, Spain (September 1), and Kalorama in Lisbon, Portugal (September 2). Check the all Arctic Monkeys tour dates here.
Arctic Monkeys band members include Alex Turner (lead vocals, keyboards, guitar), Jamie Cook (guitar keyboards, guitar), Nick O’Malley (bass guitar and backing vocals) as well as Matt Helders (drums, backing vocals).
During an interview with Alex Turner with L’Equipe before the headline set at the Rock En Seine festival in Paris, France on August 25-30th, 2022. (translated by METALSHOUT.COM):
Turner about England tour: “You have to make a choice between the two clubs.”
“When I was a kid, I had a shirt with his number on it. I loved the ease with which he made difference with the ball. Even today, when I’m feeling a bit sad, I sometimes watch videos of his best moves to cheer me up. And then he was in the audience and came to see us in the dressing room. Facing him, I was as if petrified as I listened to him telling stories of his time on Wednesday. I didn’t know what to say to him.
His UK days:
“I run a bit and sometimes I do Muay-Thai training. I discovered this discipline about 12 years ago. When I was in a nightclub in New York. I was talking to a security guard from the north of England and he encouraged me to train with him. And, I really enjoy it, it’s good for your body and your head, during the sessions you don’t think about anything else. But I have to be honest, I will never have the level to fight one day in a cage like a UFC fighter… In short, I didn’t excel in any of the sports I did.”
Here are the Arctic Monkeys 2022 tour dates:
- Zorlu PSM, Istanbul, Turkey, 9th August 2022
- Zorlu PSM, Istanbul, Turkey, 10th August 2022
- Prt of Burgas, Burgas, Bulgaria, 12th August 2022
- Summer Well Festival, Buftea, Romania, 13th August 2022
- Sziget Festival Festival, Budapest, Hungary, 15th August 2022
- Arena Pula, Pula, Croatia, 16th August 2022
- Výstaviště Praha, Prague, Czech Republic, 18th August 2022
- Pukkelpop, Hasselt, Belgium, 21st August 2022
- Lowlands Festival, Netherland 19th – 21st August 2022
- Zurich Openair, Zurich, Switzerland, 23rd August 2022
- Rock En Seine, Paris, France, 25th August 2022
- Reading Festival, Reading, UK, 27th August 2022
- Leeds Festival, Leeds, UK, 28th August 2022
- Cala Mijas Festival, Malaga, Spain, 1st September 2022
- Kalorama, Lisbon, Portugal, 2nd September 2022
- Electric Picnic Festival, Stradbally, Ireland, 4th September 2022
- North & South American Festivals
- Life Is Beautiful Festival, Las Vegas, NV, 16th September 2022
- Primavera Sound, Los Angeles, California, 18th September 2022
- Jeunesse Arena, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 4th November 2022
- Primavera Sound, São Paulo, Brazil, 5th November 2022
- Pedreira Paulo Leminski, Curitiba, Brazil, 8th November 2022
- Kilk Fest, Asunción, Paraguay, 10th November 2022
- Primavera Sound, Santiago, Chile, 12th November 2022
- Primavera Sound, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 13th November 2022
- Arena 1, Lima, Peru, 15th November 2022
- Coliseo Live, Bogotá, Colombia, 17th November 2022
- Corona Capital Festival, Mexico, 18th – 20th November 2022
- Lost Paradise, Glenworth Valley, NSW, 28th November – 1st December 2022
- Falls Festival, Birregurra, VIC, 29th – 31st December 2022
Arctic Monkeys performed their ‘Suck It and See’ cut from the bag for an unusual performance. Also, it wasn’t the only iconic track they recently rediscovered and performed in Istanbul the band also played “Potion Approaching” from Humbug in the very first performance in the year 2011.
Arctic Monkey also founded in Sheffield, the UK is currently on tour as their first worldwide since the outbreak of the pandemic, and last night, in Prague (Czech Republic) they also gave the audience a tour-first performance of the song ‘Four Out Of Five’. Watch Alex Turner‘s old interview below!