As one of the oldest and famous heavy metal bands in the music industry, Judas Priest has been conquering the world for a long time, despite the hardnesses on its way. So, let’s see how much Judas Priest members net worth reached, along with their journey throughout their career.
Formed in 1969, Judas Priest is one of the most iconic metal bands along with considered also one of the greatest metal bands of all time. The regarded heavy metal band’s current line-up consists of lead vocal Rob Halford, lead guitarist Richie Faulkner, guitarist Glenn Tipton, bassist Ian Hill, and drummer Scott Travis.
Reflecting diverse aspects of heavy metal with their albums, Judas Priest has become one of the iconic metal bands throughout its career. As the regarded band has involved its music by shifting dynamics and tempo, their songs also influenced other bands with a much harder-edged approach, as Judas Priest’s was some of the heaviest of those days. But ultimately, the band began to incorporate a more commercial, radio-friendly style to their music with their fifth album, as it also became one of the exemplary and influential heavy metal bands and earned the nickname “Metal Gods” from their song of the same name.
So let’s take a deeper look at Judas Priest band’s journey and how they have earned their net worth, as well.
Judas Priest Net Worth in 2022
Despite their enormous and loyal fanbase, Judas Priest hasn’t received many awards, throughout its relatively successful career. The iconic band could crown its successes with a The Metal Guru award of Classic Rock Roll of Honour Awards, a Best Metal Performance award of Grammy Awards out of 5 nominations, along with some others.
Throughout its ongoing career for many years, Judas Priest released 18 studio albums, 6 live albums, 7 compilation albums, 29 singles, 10 video albums, and 21 music videos, selling almost 50 million albums worldwide along with 12 million copies in the United States.
Let’s take a closer look at their albums along with their places on charts.
- Rocka Rolla, released on 6 September 1974
- Sad Wings of Destiny, released on 23 March 1976, reached 204th place on the Billboard US, 48th place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- Sin After Sin, released on 8 April 1977, reached 207th place on the Billboard US, 23rd place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- Stained Class, released on 10 February 1978, reached 173rd place on the Billboard US, 27th place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- Killing Machine, released on 9 October 1978, reached 128th place on the Billboard US, 32nd place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- British Steel, released on 14 April 1980, reached 134th place on the Billboard US, 4th place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- Point of Entry, released on 26 February 1981, reached 39th place on the Billboard US, 14th place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- Screaming for Vengeance, released on 17 July 1982, reached 17th place on the Billboard US, 11th place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- Defenders of the Faith, released on 4 January 1984, reached 18th place on the Billboard US, 19th place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- Turbo, released on 15 April 1986, reached 17th place on the Billboard US, 33rd place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- Ram It Down, released on 17 May 1988, reached 31st place on the Billboard US, 24th place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- Painkiller, released on 3 September 1990, reached 26th place both on the Billboard US, and the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- Jugulator, released on 28 October 1997, reached 82nd place on the Billboard US
- Demolition, released on 31 July 2001, reached 165th place on the Billboard US
- Angel of Retribution, released on 28 February 2005, reached 13th place on the Billboard US, 39th place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- Nostradamus, released on 17 June 2008, reached top places in all charts worldwide, and 11th place on the Billboard US, 30th place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- Redeemer of Souls, released on 15 July 2014, reached top places in all charts worldwide, and 6th place on the Billboard US, 12th place on the Official Albums Chart of the UK
- Firepower, released on 9 March 2018, reached top places in all charts worldwide, and 5th place both on the Billboard US, and the Official Albums Chart of the UK
And today in 2022, the iconic metal band Judas Priest’s net worth seems to be $100 million.
Let’s continue and also find out about the famous metal band Judas Priest members’ net worth in 2022.
Scott Travis Net Worth: $8 Million
The American musician Scott Travis had always wanted to be the drummer of Judas Priest, before he finally got his chance to join the iconic band, when the former drummer of the band Dave Holland left in 1989. And since then, Scott Travis has stayed put in his dream band, as its first non-Briton to perform for the band, and been widely acclaimed his debut on the 1990 album Painkiller right after.
Outside of his tenure with Judas Priest, Scott Travis also performed drums in Halford’s band Fight from 1992 to 1995, and another heavy metal band Racer X until they split in 2009. On the other side, the talented musician is also known for being a current drummer of the Irish rock band Thin Lizzy, as well.
And today in 2022, Judas Priest drummer Scott Travis’s net worth seems to be $8 million, even if it is not known very well.
Richie Faulkner Net Worth: $9 Million
The lead guitarist of the band, Richie Faulkner joined Judas Priest in 2011, to replace the original and former member K. K. Downing. As the band’s vocalist Rob Halford and guitarist Glenn Tipton have credited Faulkner with saving Judas Priest, Faulkner’s first album with the iconic band was Redeemer of Souls, released in 2014. And his first appearance with band was on 25 May 2011 on American Idol, as they performed Living After Midnight and Breaking the Law with James Durbin.
Outside of his tenure with Judas Priest, Richie Faulkner also worked with Lauren Harris, Christopher Lee, Voodoo Six, Dirty Deeds, and Ace Mafia, throughout his career.
And today in 2022, Judas Priest lead guitarist Richie Faulkner’s net worth seems to be $9 million.
Glenn Tipton Net Worth: $25 Million
Another leader guitarist of the iconic band, Glenn Tipton joined Judas Priest in 1974. The talented musician has been in front of eyes especially for his complex playing style and classically influenced solos, as some of his influencers are Jimi Hendrix, Deep Purple, and Led Zeppelin, along with others.
Outside of his tenure with Judas Priest, Glenn Tipton also has a solo career, releasing 2 albums. The talented musician also contributed to The Nixons band’s 1995 album Foma, Samantha Fox’s song Spirit of America, among his other works.
And today in 2022, Judas Priest lead guitarist Glenn Tipton’s net worth seems to be $25 million.
Ian Hill Net Worth: $30 Million
As the bassist of the iconic band, Ian Hill is also the co-founder and the only original member of Judas Priest. Hill and his schoolmate K. K. Downing formed the regarded heavy metal band back in 1970, and Hill has remained in the band ever since, although his friend Downing left the band in 2011.
And today in 2022, Judas Priest bassist Ian Hill’s net worth seems to be $30 million, and he shares the throne of the richest member with Rob Halford.
Rob Halford Net Worth: $30 Million
The lead singer of the iconic heavy metal band, Rob Halford first joined Judas Priest back in 1973 and recorded his debut album with the band’s first album Rocka Rolla in 1974. Even though he has been serving the band for a long time, Halford had a little hiatus from the band, as he had left because of a misunderstanding. After all, he rejoined Judas Priest and continued performing with them after several years.
Outside of his tenure with Judas Priest, Rob Halford also formed his own band named Fight with his bandmate Scott Travis, which after disbanded in 1997. In addition, Halford also collaborated with guitarist John Lower, as he also formed his own metal solo band, releasing 4 albums along with other efforts of his. The talented musician also worked with other iconic music bands, such as Black Sabbath, Metallica, Pantera, along with many others.
And today in 2022, Judas Priest lead singer Rob Halford’s net worth seems to be $30 million, as he is one of the richest members of the iconic metal band.