Tool band just shared a video teaser for “10,000 Days” and those could be the hint for upcoming and new music. Tool’s guitarist Adam Jones and the band just mentioned with the caption “Coming Soon” on Instagram.
So, like with anything Tool-related, we will just have to wait and see what they’re up to anything would happen soon.
When is the date of Tool band will release their new music?
Regarding future Tool band plans, drummer Danny Carey revealed in a March 2022 interview that the band had some leftover ideas from the “Fear Inoculum” album that they will begin working on. Danny Carey also mentioned that the band is working on a live DVD containing largely concerts from Tool‘s Lateralus shows in 2002. And that the release would be “a terrific mind blower for all the diehard fans.”
However, our opinion is that it is unlikely. Tool’s “10,000 Days” album was released in 2006. After that, the band members would not have performed during the “Lateralus” tour, and there is nothing fresh in the future.
Tool band has been relatively silent since the end of their “Fear Inoculum World Tour” earlier this year, except for the release of costly vinyl compilations. Frontman Maynard James Keenan recently set out the next year of activity for one of his bands, Puscifer, who has been incredibly active with live streaming and new live-in-the-studio records coming shortly.
There is a discussion of Tool band and A Perfect Circle. This discussion originally reported by Metalshout, the band is nowadays pledging something amazing, potentially linked to their legendary album 10,000 Days. However, this celebrated its 15th anniversary in 2021. But Tool will come with something new music or interesting concerts in 2023 for sure.
When we back to the Maynard James Keenan interview. He stated the new album will take some time:
“The guys in Tool, they just take longer to process information and get it together and present me something that I can start building on. I’ve made the mistake in the past of trying to build on something that wasn’t ready yet, and then all the work I put into the building on the thing, they change the foundation.
If I’m trying to decorate the house and then you move where the doors are or the windows or add a floor, I gotta start over, as an interior decorator. I have to wait for them to do it, so there’s time. I have time to do all these other things in between because I can and I should.
One could argue a little bit of discipline and a little prodding, a little cattle prod or a taser would help move these guys along a little faster, but that’s their process, you just have to kind of respect it.
It’s frustrating. I’m sure they’re frustrated with me because they hand it to me and I’m like, ‘It’s done.’ like, ‘You didn’t take any time with it?’ Yes, I took 50 years for this reaction to these things. I’ve been preparing for decades to hear these things and be able to react honestly, and I riff on them – on all the songs, on all the projects.”
TOOL 2023 Worldwide Tour Dates
- January 10 Eugene, OR Matthew Knight Arena
- January 11 Tacoma, WA Tacoma Dome
- January 13 Boise, ID Ford Idaho Center
- January 15 Sacramento, CA Golden 1 Center
- January 16 San Francisco, CA Chase Center
- January 18 Anaheim, CA Honda Center
- January 19 San Diego, CA Viejas Arena
- January 21 Phoenix, AZ Footprint Center
- January 22 Las Vegas, NV T-Mobile Arena
- January 25 Salt Lake City, UT Maverik Center
- January 27 Denver, CO Ball Arena
- January 28 Colorado Springs, CO Broadmoor World Arena
- January 30 Tulsa, OK BOK Center
- January 31 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center
- February 2 San Antonio, TX AT&T Center
- February 4 Houston, TX Toyota Center
- February 5 New Orleans, LA Smoothie King Center
- February 8 Orlando, FL Amway Center
- February 9 Tampa, FL Amalie Arena
- February 10 Miami, FL FTX Arena
- February 19 Boston, MA TD Garden
- February 20 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
- February 22 Washington, DC Capital One Arena
- February 23 Belmont Park, NY UBS Arena
- February 26 Newark, NJ Prudential Center
- February 27 Buffalo, NY KeyBank Center
- March 1 Pittsburgh, PA PPG Paints Arena
- March 3 Detroit, MI Little Caesars Arena
- March 4 Louisville, KY KFC Yum! Center
- March 6 Columbus, OH Nationwide Arena
- March 8 Grand Rapids, MI Van Andel Arena
- March 10 Chicago, IL United Center
- March 12 Omaha, NE CHI Health Center Arena
- March 13 Minneapolis, MN Target Center
- March 15 Kansas City, MO T-Mobile Center
- March 17 Moline, IL TaxSlayer Center
- March 18 St. Louis, MO Enterprise Center
- March 20 Cleveland, OH Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse
Watch the Tool’s Instagram teaser below!