Arctic Monkeys Album ‘The Car’: Everything You Need to Know
Arctic Monkeys band’s upcoming new album ‘The Car‘ is coming in 2022. ‘The Car’ is the forthcoming seventh studio album by an English rock band and was announced on August 2022. Check everything you need to know about ‘The Car’ album below!
Everything About ‘The Car’ album
This upcoming and new Arctic Monkeys album ‘The Car‘ will release on October 21st, 2022. Many AM fans were also waiting to hear an announcement from a farm in Suffolk. The place known as Butley Priory confirmed the band was working on their next album in the summer. The next album, which follows the release of 2018’s “Tranquility Base Hotel and Casino” album is right across the horizon.
The band also shared an announcement before the recording session of ‘The Car’ album:
“We’ve had a band staying for the last month recording an album.
Musicians love the acoustics in the Great Hall and Drawing room, with their huge vaulted ceilings. Being serenaded while watering and weeding the garden, listening to the double bass, drums and piano wafting out of the open double doors, was pretty nice.
Thank you Arctic Monkeys.”
When did Arctic Monkeys recorded ‘The Car’ album?
In May 2022, in May 2022, drummer Matt Helders said the album “picks up where the first album left off musically” and added that it’s “never ever going to be anything like “R U Mine’ album”.
The Car was also recorded during the summer of 2021 in Butley Priory, Suffolk, La Frette, Paris; and RAK Studios in London. The songs were all composed by Alex Turner, with Jamie Cook as a guest with “Sculptures of Anything is Possible” along with Tom Rowley co-writing “Jet Skis on the Moat” and “Mr. Schwartz”.
In a recent interview with Big Issue, Alex Turner talked about Arctic Monkeys band’s upcoming album and concerts:
He Alex Turner shared so many things in this interview.
“On this record, sci-fi is off the table. We are back to earth. I think we’ve got closer to a better version of a more dynamic overall sound with this record. The strings on this record come in and out of focus and that was a deliberate move and hopefully, everything has its own space.
There’s a time the band comes to the front and then the strings come to the front.
He also added working with band members is “pure instinct”. You have to follow your instincts in the same way you did in the first place. It’s a response I’ve had to other things we’ve composed. This idea of something sounding ‘cinematic’. I never completely subscribe to it, but it’s louder this time.”
Artwork of ‘The Car’ and tracklist
Tracklist of ‘The Car’ album:
- There’d Better Be a Mirrorball
- I Ain’t Quite Where I Think I Am
- Sculptures of Anything Goes
- Jet Skis on the Moat
- Body Paint
- The Car
- Big Ideas
- Hello You
- Mr Schwartz
- Perfect Sense
Are we hearing any songs from ‘The Car’ album?
Yes and indeed. “There’d Better Be A Mirrorball” is the first single of ‘The Car’ albıum.
Arctic Monkeys also performed a new song during a show in Zurich that was titled ‘I’m Not Quite What I Think I’m’. This was the song that was previously thought to become the single that would be their first. Check out some fan footage below.
How is ‘The Car’ album theme?
Arctic Monkeys’ band is known for its distinctive shapeshifting sound each cycle.
There’s no way to know what the next record is going to sound like because of the polarising change in sonics between their two previous records.
We have our debut single titled ‘There’d Better Be A Mirrorball’ that isn’t like something from an old film soundtrack from the 70s. Helders is playing jazz drums, Turner is crooning.
It’s not an entirely different drum set from ‘Tranquility Base’ …’ but it’s less synth-heavy. There’s less Bowie and more John Carpenter.
You can also check the upcoming Arctic Monkeys fall 2022 tour dates below!
Arctic Monkeys 2022 Tour Dates
- 08-25 Paris, France – Rock en Seine
- 08-27 Reading, England – Reading Festival
- 08-28 Leeds, England – Leeds Festival
- 09-01 Málaga, Spain – Cala Mijas Festival
- 09-02 Lisbon, Portugal – Kalorama
- 09-04 Stradbally, Ireland – Electric Picnic
- 09-16 Las Vegas, NV – Life Is Beautiful Festival
- 09-18 Los Angeles, CA – Primavera Sound
- 11-04 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – Jeunesse Arena
- 11-05 São Paulo, Brazil – Primavera Sound
- 11-08 Curitiba, Brazil – Pedreira Paulo Leminsk
- 11-10 Asunción, Paraguay – Kilk Fest
- 11-12 Santiago de Chile, Chile – Primavera Sound
- 11-13 Buenos Aires, Argentina – Primavera Sound
- 11-15 Lima, Peru – Arena 1
- 11-17 Bogotá, Colombia – Coliseo Live
- 11-19 Mexico City, Mexico – Corona Capital Festival
- 12-29 Sydney, Australia – Lost Paradise
- 12-31 Victoria, Australia – Falls Festival VIC
- 01-02 Yelgun, Australia – Falls Festival NSW
- 01-04 Melbourne, Australia – Sidney Myer Music Bowl
- 01-05 Melbourne, Australia – Sidney Myer Music Bowl
- 01-06 Adelaide, Australia – Heaps Good Festival
- 01-08 Perth, Australia – Falls Festival WA
- 01-11 Brisbane, Australia – Riverstage
- 01-14 Sydney, Australia – The Domain
You can watch and listen to Arctic Monkeys – “There’d Better Be A Mirrorball” music video below!